[SONG REVIEW] Superman - Cassper Nyovest


'I think my dad might be Superman'
For years and years, many rappers have rapped about their mothers and what they did without the presence of their fathers, Dear Mama from Tupac, Hey Mama from Kanye West...it seems to be a trend that you only are a 'real rapper', when your dad is missing...prime juxtaposition example being people like Drake and Childish Gambino...but I digress...

Bullshit aside, I had doubt. For as long as I can remember, I didn't think Cassper Nyovest would last this long. Gusheshe, then Doc Shebeleza, then after some time, he has the beef with AKA...I thought that was it. God damn it...I was wrong. So wrong, in fact I still needs to ask Cassper to unblock him for talking shit on Twitter. Cassper has barely been this honest for me. The album itself is a blog post for another day...this song is the anthem for all dads, from the moment he talks about the bullying on the bus, what his dad taught him...to what he thinks of him now...Tshepo Tshola singing in the end is the ribbon on the feeling made by the sample and story told. This song is the one. If you don't have an older male figure to dedicate this to, we hope it inspires you to be one. Think Differently? Let know us know on the comment section below.

YouTube Audio Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9Ai4Jdkybo
YouTube Video Linkhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Bpo1YzDyzg

#ChilledVibesAndCereal

Comments

Popular Posts