[SONG REVIEW] Do Not Disturb - Drake

More Life
You cant claim to be a fan of hip hop and not respect Drake. Say what you want, the guy is doing his thing. Lyrically, he's not the top 5 dead or alive, on many lists. Yes, I know, it's debatable, but I'd greatly disagree if you could claim you didn't have a song that you liked by Drake, whether he was featured or it was something he did alone. Kendrick Lamar dropped The Heart Part 4 a few days ago (but asikho lapho)...

I want to focus right now on how Drake always manages to summarize where he's at in life at the end of every album. Seriously let us take you back a minute...

9AM in Dallas - THANK ME LATER


I mean, sure, there’s some bills and taxes I’m still evading
But I blew six million on myself and I feel amazing

Young money maker, season ticket holder
Season switching over
I come through them bitches
Still scorching as if I didn’t notice
You niggas getting older, I see no threat in Yoda
I’m out here messing over the lives of these niggas
That couldn’t fuck with my freshman floater (flow ta)

Look at that fucking chip on your nephew's shoulder
My sophomore, I was all for it, they all saw it
My juniors and senior will only get meaner

Take care, nigga

'Right before Wayne came and got me
Out of the back room where I was rapping with Jas
Over beats that I shouldn't have in the hopes for the glory
He walked right past in the hallway
Three months later, I'm his artist
He probably wouldn't remember that story
But that shit stick with me
Always couldn't believe when he called me
You never know, it could happen to you
And I just spent four Ferraris all on a brand new Bugatti
And did that shit cause it's somethin' to do
Yeah, I guess that's just who I became, dawg
Nothing was the same, dawg'

6PM in New York - IF YOU READING THIS ITS TOO LATE
'28 at midnight, wonder what's next for me
Longevity, wonder how long they'll check for me
Prolly forever if I stay in my zone
I speak on this generation, but can't change it alone
I heard a little little homie talking reckless in Vibe
That's quite a platform you chose
You should've kept it inside—oh, you tried
It's so childish calling my name on the world stage
You need to act your age and not your girl's age
It gets worse by the annual, my career's like a How-To manual'

Views - VIEWS
'I still got somethin' left to prove since you left me room
Paint a plan for the family debt, we in the minus
And like it's goin' in a trunk, I put it all behind us
Where you tryna go? I got it, I'll take us wherever
I'm a staple in the game, all my papers together
And my life is on display like Truman
They wanna pree the movements, gotta start to make 'em sooner
My exes made some of my favorite music
I dated women from my favorite movies
Karma's such a thing of beauty
I'd share more of my story but you wouldn't believe it
It's farfetched like I threw that shit a hundred meters
I keep it a hundred like I'm running a fever
I might take a breather but I won't ever leave you
If I was you, I wouldn't like me either'

Do Not Disturb - MORE LIFE

We think you get the picture, extremely pensive Drake at a time where's he's basically been through the beef, everything he does IS the wave, and he's over a lot of things, he's reached his goals...does he still have to compete...is it worth it? That's your decision to make as a listener, but we believe he's done. He's got nothing left. Think Differently? Let us know in the comment section below.

#ChilledVibesAndCereal

Comments

Popular Posts