[SONG REVIEW] Philakanzima - Bongeziwe Mabandla


The way that art is set-up of late, I've come to understand that YouTube did the most genius thing by posting mandatory adverts before every video. This in turn causes a company to think on their feet about placing an advert on YouTube...'How do you grab sometimes attention is less than 5 seconds to buy into your product?' kinda thing.

I'm not a guru in marketing, so the answer might not be known right now, but I do know this, Black Label just finessed the game with their #NoExcuse advert. The credit is actually due to Bongeziwe Mabandla's voice. Understand that I write this, with hair standing on my back, trying to find anyone worthy of blame in my head...cause if I'm found crying...someone needs to be blamed.

I believe the last time I felt a song so soulful and eerie, was Simphiwe Dana's Zandisile, live at the BAT Centre at a very young age (This live performance might help you understand). The voice is so vulnerable, the lyrics just dictate the feeling. Besides...you cannot understand 'ukuphila kanzima' any other way. The guitar floats under the boat of hurt lyrics. For once, I understand why artists write music from feelings. 

Why is it that good music is never on the radio? I think if they played this beauty of a jam...a lot of hearts would be forgiven. Think Differently? Let us know in the comment section below.

iTunes Preview and Buy Link: https://itunes.apple.com/za/album/mangaliso/id1232524389
Deezer Streaming Link: http://www.deezer.com/en/album/41091191

#Classick
#ChilledVibesAndCereal

Comments

Popular Posts