[BOOK REVIEW] Simon Sinek - Start With Why


When I started writing this piece, I'd just seen the Millennials Speech I recently read "Start With Why". Beautiful book, had me inspired to do so much more than just work. Inspirational how it uses real life tragedies and truths. I couldn't relate to Simon economically, but the ideas inspired me want to find purpose in all I do. I've ever since been led by this question in all that I do. The want for a purpose-filled life seems to be the top-tier achievement more recently (imo), measured in how much money is made. It's like our generation is aimlessly rushing to live a life they aren't aware they have to build. We need someone to lead us.

There's many different views he presents in each and every one of his videos, but I was drawn in by his Ted Talk.



His views on how to inspire people to be apart of an organisation is really the piece I want to push with ChilledVibesAndCereal, that's what I learnt and want to implement. A small community, or organisation created to share information in a manner that makes it accessible for upcoming black creatives, everyone else can hop on, but the focus is the black youth that can actually make a difference. Creativity is not exclusive to a particular type of people of group or organisation. Let's create a platform where many can access it, and be able to advance in their creative industries. Start With Why didn't give me the answers but it did cause me to start thinking differently about everything. I might not be the most impeccable follower of the Golden Circle, but I do want everyone to have equal opportunities in the creative industry. Let's create the platform. Id really suggest it for any future thinkers. 

YouTube Video Link: TED TALK
YouTube Video Link: Inside Quest Interview











Comments

Popular Posts